1. Install dependencies
sudo apt-get install python-dev python-qt4 python-qt4-dev python-sip python-sip-dev build-essential gfortran libqt4-dev qt4-qmake libpq-dev libsqlite3-dev qt4-dev-tools qt4-doc unixodbc-dev pyqt4-dev-tools
2. Install SIP-4.16. Download the latest stable source code from here and extract to a suitable location (e.g. ~/softwares). Get into the directory and execute the following
sudo make install
3. Download and install PyQt-x11-gpl-4.10.4 (NOT the version PyQt-x11-gpl-4.11, which generates error during make). Download from here and extract to a suitable location (eg. ~/softwares). Get into the directory and execute following
4. Test the installation. Get into python
Test using matplotlib (pylab)
x = [1,2,3,4]
y = [3,4,8,6]
1. Shutdown tomcat.
Open <TOMCAT_HOME>/apache-tomcat-8.0.5/conf/tomcat-users.xml and the following user info:
<user username="admin" password="password" roles="standard,manager,manager-gui,admin,admin-gui"/>
This will enable the use of tomcat web application manager and other management web apps. Now start the server again.
2. Build your project to generate war file. It’ll reside in <project-name>/build/libs directory.
3. Deploy your war file from tomcat webapp manager. Upload and start it using the webapp manager.
Make sure you have JDK7 or later installed before trying these steps:
1. Download 8.0.5 Core binary distribution having filename, apache-tomcat-8.0.5.zip from http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
2. Extract in a suitable location (e.g. ~/softwares/). And change directory inside apache-tomcat-8.0.5/bin.
3. Make startup.sh, shutdown.sh and catalina.sh executable (chmod +x filename)
4. Run startup.sh (./startup.sh)
5. Open your browser and goto http://localhost:8080 to check if its running.